Main Events 2018
"Peruvian Food Fair"
International Christmas Festival at Balboa Park
In Memoriam of Mr. Carlos Miñano,
President of House of Peru
President of House of Peru
You can volunteer with us and as a 501(c)3 non profit organization we can give you a letter with the hours of volunteer time you've donated to House of Peru. Please contact Marisol Meyer for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO VOLUNTEER AT HOUSE OF PERU'S 2018 LAWN PROGRAM SIGN UP HERE: www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c49aaa62caaf58-14th
2018 Calendar of Events
17 - House of Pacific Relations Installation Dinner: installation of new 2018 officers for each member house President and officers. Private event.
24 - Annual Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast. 9am-11am. Hall of Nations. Balboa Park, San Diego.
16 - House of Peru Board monthly meeting 6pm-7.30pm & General meeting 7.30pm-8.30pm. Hall of Nations - Balboa Park. - Rescheduled-
22 - Fulfill the Dream: fundraiser reception in honor of Gladys and George Novinger's memory. Click link below for more information:
8 - HPR Queens Organization Lawn Program: our Queen and Princesses will be representing Peru with typical dances (2.30-3:30pm) and attires. Open to public. Free entrance. Family & pet friendly. 12pm-5pm
22 - Earth Day. Balboa Park.
- Saturday May 5: Hosting the Hall of Nations at Balboa Park, 12-5pm
- Tuesday May 22: Hosting the Hall of Nations at Balboa Park, 12-5pm
- Ethnic Food Fair (see above) - this is one of the main events organized by the House of Pacific Relations which gathers 34
nations that share their culture, dances and food with the community.
- Saturday June 16: Hosting the Hall of Nations at Balboa Park, 2-5pm
- Sunday June 17: Hosting the Hall of Nations at Balboa Park, 11-4pm
- ¡Felices Fiestas Patrias! Happy Independence Day!
Hosting Hall of Nations: Peruvians are Ambassadors of Peru for a day at the Hall of Nations, Balboa Park!
Saturday July 28th 12-5pm & Sunday July 29th 12-5pm
We will be showing films about Peru in different schedules.
Sunday July 29- 12pm-5pm : Lawn program at Balboa Park: 15th Peruvian Independence Celebration "Fiestas Patrias del Perú" - we celebrate our national day with typical Peruvian food and entertainment in a family and pet friendly environment. We will have the first Inti Raymi performed by the young generation of House of Peru, Peru Expo booths, live music and dances, Peruvian films, and more!
Food: Lomo saltado, Arroz Chaufa, Salchipapas, Alfajores de Manjarblanco, el "Clásico" (arroz con leche/mazamorra morada), Inca Kola
Entertainment: from 2pm-3:30pm (First Inti Raymi / Live music and dance / Hora Loca!)
Family & pet friendly, free admittance.
Saturday September 8: Building the Dream: a House of Peru fundraiser - Presenting Building Founder's Plaques
Location: The Grande North at the Santa Fe Place.
- Queens Organization Coronation: Dinner Gala.
- Saturday December 1: Hosting the Hall of Nations at Balboa Park, 12-5pm
- Friday December 7th & Saturday December 8th: International Christmas Festival - two days event at Balboa Park, it's the nation's premier holiday festival that will take place for the 40th consecutive year. All the museums at Balboa Park participate by opening their doors free of charge from 5-9 pm on both evenings and the festival expects to receive more than 500,000 visitors in those two days. Top notch musicals and dance performances are offered to the general public who can enjoy delicious diverse food choices from the 34 nations that form the House of Pacific Relations, among them House of Peru and other food vendors. Free event, family and pet friendly.
MENU: Aguadito, Aji de Gallina, Peruvian Tamales, Alfajores, Inca Kola, and more!
Spirits Garden: Pisco sour, pisco shots & chuchuhuasi
- Sunday December 30th: Hosting the Hall of Nations, Balboa Park, 12-5pm
* What is Hosting the Hall of Nations?
As part of our mission, "to promote the Peruvian culture with the community at large, while promoting tourism and creating awareness of Peru's rich and varied heritage." We get the chance to have the Hall of Nations, which is a building shared by the 34 nations that form the House of Pacific Relations (HPR) and which we are part of, to promote our beloved Peru. Our dedicated volunteers joyfully share information about Peru to the visitors at Balboa Park. The typical question is : "where can I find a Peruvian restaurant?" among others. It's a great moment to show them all the books about Peru we have, as well as Peruvian artifacts.